What is Moksha?
Moksha is a highly-scalable platform for creating dashboards of live widgets. Moksha makes it simple for these widgets to extract and extend data from arbitrary resources.
Moksha brings existing technologies together to create a next-generation web architecture that is designed to simplify the creation of create rich, live web applications that can easily bridge existing services.
Built using best-of-breed components, Moksha applications are written using stable pre-existing modules that allow for the rapid creation of powerful applications.
A Messaging Hub
Moksha acts as real-time messaging middleware for your web application, allowing you to publish and subscribe to message queues both on server and from the clients web browser.
- Free & Open Source
- Utilizes by Open Standards
- Comprehensive WSGI middleware stack
- Plugin-driven architecture
- Live widget API
- Supports 100% AMQP from the browser to the broker
- Low-latency browser socket
- Can speak ØMQ pub/sub
- Optional WebSocket server
- Messaging hub that can integrate with an AMQP broker or ØMQ endpoints
- Message producer/consumer API
- Scalable architecture
- External resource connectors
- Dynamic extension points
- Dashboard creation API
- Leverages the power of TurboGears2
- Full architecture documentation is available.
View a demo of Moksha in action: http://moksha.csh.rit.edu/